I suggest you ...

Fix the Tiny Cuts

I wrote a blog post titled "Xamarin's Tiny Cuts": http://jonathanpeppers.com/Blog/xamarin's-tiny-cuts

A challenge to fix a lot of "tiny" little bugs we deal with day to day as Xamarin developers.

My goal here is not criticism, as Xamarin tools are absolutely wonderful. I hope I am in a position to point things out and make the experience better for all developers using Xamarin.

136 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jonathan PeppersJonathan Peppers shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Daniel HarmanDaniel Harman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another bizarre annoyance is the non-idiomatic usage of folders wrt to namespaces and project names.

• Daniel HarmanDaniel Harman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I strongly agree with this. I took a day off work to try and get an app idea going. I've wasted the whole day wresting with the tools (trying to get a PCL library working with Rx) rather than producing anything worthwhile.

I was surprised that nuget support seems to be via a 3rd party addin?

Meanwhile there are lots of tiny annoyances such as the bizarre code formatting defaults which conflict with standard c# idioms. One then reads that this is a management decision which smacks of parochialism at the highest echelons. Please at least offer it as a single setting option as I'm sure a lot of people are using Studio only because of the new licensing situation...

• Chuck PinkertChuck Pinkert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've had the same experience the last few weeks, death by a tiny cuts is what it feels like.

I'll try to keep this in mind as I develop over the next bit so I have some concrete requests/issues to post. As of now, if there was anything I would really put my voice behind it's full PCL support.

Feedback and Knowledge Base