Add a documentation page that succinctly but precisely defines various kinds of Xamarin Platform releases
Each Xamarin Platform release has a "reason for release" and a "publication channel." It could be helpful to document the criteria that define each pairing of these two dimensions.
The page could be expanded bit-by-bit. The first version of this page could just discuss the "Feature release + Stable" pairs. I think those are the ones that the largest number of users would be interested in.
- Feature release for new Xamarin features + Stable
- Feature release for compatibility with new versions iOS and Android + Stable
Other pairs could then be added to the page gradually over time.
## Preliminary lists of the 2 release "dimensions"
### Reason for release
- Feature releases that add new Xamarin features
- Feature releases for compatibility with new versions of iOS, Android, Xcode, OS X, Windows, Visual Studio, etc.
- Service releases that address bugs (described further on https://releases.xamarin.com/welcome-to-the-xamarin-release-blog/ and http://tirania.org/blog/archive/2015/Sep-01.html)
- Hotfix releases
### Publication channel
- Release Candidate
- Web Preview