I suggest you ...

Instant run like in android studio

The new android studio v2 has the option to to much faster iterations on an android app. after the app is deployed the developer can change the code and see the change in under 2 seconds. as opposed to about 12 for a full restart on xamarin.

These 10 seconds add up and more importantly they break the development flow. meaning that overall development time is increased greatly by now having this option.

124 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ofir GellerOfir Geller shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ofir GellerOfir Geller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Michal Dobrodenka : This this request is for a faster deploy, not a faster compile, in fact when working on the UI layer you should not need to recompile the whole solution, just the android/ios project, so the 'bottleneck' becomes the time to deploy and cold start the app on the device/emulator

• GaryGary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, fluid realtime updates are a crucial feature when comparing development environments. Xamarin will be challenged by React Native in this area too.
        Also this and Xamarin.Forms Previewer should not be an Enterprise-Only feature.

Feedback and Knowledge Base