I suggest you ...

xamarin forms designer

I think that is neccesary include a desginer like the designer for Android and iOS to xamarin forms, is very diffcult créate interfaces without an interface previewer or drag an drop controls in xamarin forms, for new persons without knowledge in xaml is very difficult and the previewer need the solution compiled

111 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Daniel SmithDaniel Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's sad how we've had a first-class visual design experience over 15 years ago with the likes of the WinForms designer, and yet in 2017, visual design is still just an afterthought.

I think MS have totally misinterpreted peoples reluctance to use designers such as the one for WPF as meaning "people prefer to write markup manually". I know some do, but the vast majority would love a drag and drop experience. We just need the designers to not totally suck i.e. they need to be stable, fast and visually accurate. I hate writing markup so much!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a nice addition now that Xamarin Forms 3.0 will bring Xamarin Forms to the desktop as well. I teach programming to high school students and for them a designer would be a necessary addition to get into Xamarin.Forms.

Feedback and Knowledge Base