I suggest you ...

Add support to build Mac OS binaries from windows

Currently we need to log-in to a real Mac, update or SVN workspace and then fire a build using Xamarin.

It would be very convenient and safe a lot of time to be able to build from a PC using a Mac Agent. It would also make build automation much easier since we can build the target nuget package immediately after msbuild.

116 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Xavier RigauXavier Rigau shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The lack of uniformity in the development and build of multi-platform is a nightmare for Xamarin developers. It is hard enough to code for different and I would expect to have the same tools in both Mac and Windows.

This is a good idea to not only save time for development, it can also help to uncover compatibility that are not known. In the long term it might also help to assure those who switch over to the Mac OS platform or those who run both platforms on macOS. Great suggestion!

Yes please. The easier it is to target multiple platforms, the less likely it is that we'll have to choose a specific platform and ignore the others.

Feedback and Knowledge Base