I suggest you ...

Blend for Xamarin

Visual Studio integration is a great way to improve cross-platform development productivity using one of the best IDE.

The goal is to imitate the tools (and their usage) on current Windows development (WPF / Windows 8 / Windows Phone).

We have 2 independant tools working together to provide the best productivity management ever : Visual Studio and Blend for the design.

What about Blend Integration with Xamarin ?

521 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    David BottiauDavid Bottiau shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please add drag drop designer for xamarin forms that works same as in windows forms

• John XJohn X commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Blend is neat, but I would be extremely happy if I just got to see the XAML rendered within a design view in Visual Studio. Even without drag/drop, this would save SO much time (not having to hit the play button after every change and waiting for deployment to the Emulator).

+1 for Xamarin.Forms designer. it sucks without a designer.
        can anybody say something about this ?

+1 we need a UI designer like winforms so you can drag/drop and build UI from designer

• Shahir V KShahir V K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is really a necessity for user experience designers who are generally needed to be focused on the visual and creative aspects of the user interface rather than the implementation of the UI with bare code. This will distract the UX team from their creative visual thoughts, will spoil their productivity and will become frustrated with their work.

• Bil SimserBil Simser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's great there are designers now for Android/iOS in Visual Studio but a XAML designer should have been first and is really needed. The only way I can do my forms in XAML right now is write the XAML, hope I got it right, deploy to emulator/device, test, lather, rinse, repeat. It's like programming with printf.

Feedback and Knowledge Base