or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How Long is the way to supporting VB.NET. Please don't trouble us make round any more,OK?

• Ortan EmpuOrtan Empu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please VB,stop abandoning it. You have no idea how much anger and resentment you've created by treating VB as a second class minority citizen. Microsoft, like Israel, is now an apartheid state.

If I had to code in C#, I would have no motivation to code. It's the ugliest language I've ever used and I refuse to Press Shift 5 to 10 times per line of code.

Without VB.NET, I would have no motivation to code.

Please I'm begging you do this. I don't think MS takes into account the number of VB developers leaving MS due to ur single dimension economic/demand driven decisions. You killed VB by giving preferential treatment to C# & then u doubled and tripled down on that strategy.

• TJTJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Xamarin has been a disappointment. More important is the news that Windows 10 for PC – the full desktop version – is coming to mobile ARM processors in 2017.

Users will be able to install any x86 Win32 app – unmodified – from any source, no repackaging as UWP or delivery via the Windows Store required. The apps are not sandboxed and they will have full access to the OS.
        Microsoft demoed a device easily running the full Adobe Photoshop app along with Microsoft Office.

http://m.windowscentral.com/microsoft-announces-windows-10-arm

Good news for VB6 programming

Please add vb.net support - My company has too many vb.net assets to change to c#. If Xamarin does not support it, we will probably just go native development which I don't want.

• 1 11 1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a professional vb.net software developer. over 25 years experience. I know how to code c#, but intentionally choose not to. I can't find a single valid argument to switch and we won't entertain using Xamarin unless it supports VB.NET... period.

I understand that Microsoft feels the time for VB to die is now. Pity. I find it unbelievable that they would choose to kill it now. There is a wealth of VB knowledge that can be utilized but M wants to kill it off simply to be "modern" and move forward with a language that provides no real advantages over VB in order to have a modern "profile". To paraphrase the words of the long forgotten Mr. T "I pity the fool" who shoots himself (or herself) in the foot to look cool.

I use VB.NET for all my websites on ASP.NET and I can not undestand thath wiht de same CLR Xmarin does not support VB.NET.
        Please, we need Xamarin support for CLR .NET

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base