Xamarin.Forms Suggestions

Announcement: This forum has been migrated to provide you one convenient and responsive system for all feedback. You can now suggest new ideas, browse and vote on existing ideas in the Visual Studio Developer Community. To learn more about the migration to Visual Studio Developer Community please check out the release blog post.

We’d like your suggestions and ideas to help us continuously improve future releases of Xamarin.Forms, so we’ve partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect your feedback. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This site is for feature suggestions; if you need to file a bug, you can visit our Developer Community website to get started.

Note: your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy and license terms.

We look forward to hearing from you!
- The Xamarin.Forms Team

What features would you like to see added to Xamarin.Forms?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Make the scrollbars visible for Xamarin.Forms ScrollView and scroll the scroll view using the scroll bars

This suggestion is migrated to Developer Community. Please use below link to view the current status.
    https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/351901/make-the-scrollbars-visible-for-xamarinforms-scrol.html
    Make the scrollbars visible for Xamarin.Forms ScrollView and scroll the scroll view using the scroll bars.

As of now only the Xamarin.Forms Android, MAC OS and UWP platforms support this functionality of scrolling the scroll view holding the scroll bars.

Can this be made generic to all platforms and the scroll bar with a definite size be visible on the screen always that can be easy enough to handle interactions.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Xamarin.Web based on Ooui Wasm/Forms

Ooui Wasm/Forms already works pretty well (XAML, Binding, Behaviors, ...) - all in a browser on top of Web Assembly.
    It would be great if Xamarin would open a new project called 'Xamarin.Web' (or 'Xamarin.Forms.Web') and in cooperation with Ooui Wasm/Forms extended Xamarin.Forms platform to better support browser/WebAssembly based applictions (more controls, more mouse support, ...).

Links:
    Ooui Was/Forms: https://github.com/praeclarum/Ooui/wiki/Xamarin.Forms-with-Web-Assembly
    Telerik user voice: http://kendoui-feedback.telerik.com/forums/127393-kendo-ui-feedback/suggestions/33755743-blazor-ooui

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Title View to have ios specific option for LargeTitleTitleView?

Now there is the TitleView option, it would be good if there was a specific Large Title Title View for iOS. When using Large Title's the new TitleView option is pretty limited for iOS.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Easier and more detailed styling of nav/tab bars

I'd love to see a few more properties for the navigation bars. Currently, there's only accessible properties for bar and title color for NavigationPage. I have to write custom renderers for things like bar background image, gradient fill, title font, title font size and title alignment. There's nothing wrong with this method, but for those of us who focus more on design than coding, this would be great to do in XAML/CS, and saves a lot of time. The same goes for tabbed bars.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Android - ListView with sticky headers in grouped list view

Add feature to Xamarin.Forms ListView to perform on Android like on iOS with group sticky header like in this implementation:
    https://github.com/himanshudwd765/Xamarin.Forms-StickyHeaderListView

This custom implementation is simple and it is not able to have custom advanced group header and item template out-of-the-box without specific implementation just for this simple nice feature which is available on iOS out-of-the-box

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Tile View

A tiled interface much like Windows 8.1, scrolls either horizontally or vertically, properties to define space between tiles, tile groups, tile group captions, tile properties, template for tiles, etc. Basically a Xamarin form of the tileview developed by DevExpress: https://bit.ly/2Hg9MvP

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Google Vision API

Right now there's support for the Google vision API on android (fantastic!) but there's no plug in for iOS, which means, by extension, there can be no true Xamarin Forms support. Google itself has iOS support for the API so creating an iOS plugin shouldn't be impossible.

Specifically, I'd like to see the barcode scanning tech from Google Vision in Xamarin Forms. ZXing.NET is nice for QR Codes, but doesn't have robust support for other bar code formats, especially PDF 417 and data matrix.

Thanks!

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Touch Down/Up recognizers

At the moment we have the TapGestureRecognizer for intercepting taps on a UI control.

It'd be very nice with a TouchDown and TouchUp Gesture Recognizer, so we'd be able to make animations on UI controls based on the users touch state.
    At the moment this can be accomplished with custom renderers, but that can get very complicated very quickly, when you want to apply it to all sorts of different UI elements.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. MarkupExtensions BindableProperty Support

I want binding two property to one Label with Converter. Create new property in model does not solve my problem(I will stay parsing string) because I also have ValueConverter.

Example: I want show in label formatted money with currency like this 2.456,00 USD (I formatted the money with ValueConverter and the Currency also from ViewModel. ConverterParameter is also not bindable property)

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Specify cross-platform color for selected item in ListView

This suggestion is migrated to Developer Community. Please use below link to view the current status.
    https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/idea/351893/specify-cross-platform-color-for-selected-item-in.html
    Changing the selected item background color seems like a common use case of a ListView. Each app has it's own visual style so changing this color to match your app's style seems like functionality that Xamarin.Forms should support natively.
    Another reason for this would be that when a user activates a context menu on Android, it helps to know which list item is being handled by the context menu above.

See https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/85885/listview-selected-item-background-color

71 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Pins as Bindable property in Map

I can not use pins from ViewModel and when I search why ? I found pin is not bindable property in map so please add it there !

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Native player (without additional plugins)

Currently we have one or two options of players(audio and video) plugins but they don't are active kept, so there are a lot of bugs and out of date. The ideal scenario would be Xamarin turn available and mantain one so important feature. Thanks so much!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Custom image for Pin in Xamarin.Forms.Maps

Currently, you have to write a renderer if you want to set your own image for a pin. I think this should be an exposed property, since they are exposing each native class for the Xamarin.Forms.Maps.Pin

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Scrolled event for Tableview

Should add the same scrolled event that exists within scrollview to the tableview so that we can use that and not do some janky thing with a scrollview wrapping a tableview.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow an image to be used in the navigation headers

Currently, only text can be used for the navigation headers. It would be good to be able to use images too

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Improve performance - mostly Forms on Android startup time

We rejected Xamarin.Forms only because Android forms application startup time. It's a pitty, because apart from performance we liked it. But adding several seconds to application startup time is not aaceptable (yes, we used XAMLC, yes we tried AOT - very buggy)

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make Xamarin Forms default to [not] compile all XAML

When I create a ContentPage in Xamarin Forms, the code behind partial class gets decorated with an [XamlCompilation(XamlCompilationOptions.Compile)] attribute. I know I can add an assembly level attribute to prevent build-time compilation, but is there any way to prevent the page level attribute being used? Say I decided to Skip most pages instead, I will have to go and change that attribute on every ContentPage.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Auto for Webview HeightRequest

Please allow the value Auto for the HeightRequest because it seems to be a lot of coding when setting an html text to the webview source

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add Online Templates

Please provide online templates such for Layouts and basic functions for the users when they want to create a new project so it will be save time for them

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make the MasterDetailRenderer and NavigationPageRenderer for IOS and Android more accessible

Currently, it is nearly impossible to change something on the behavior of the MasterDetailPage, because most of the member or methods are either internal or private.
    This makes even small changes impossible.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Xamarin.Forms Suggestions

Feedback and Knowledge Base